Like most people, you strive to take great care of your vehicle. Like most people, you probably do an admirable job! You remember to have your oil changed regularly, and bring your vehicle in for routine maintenance.
But did you know there are a number of common maintenance mistakes that you might be making? Many people who have good intentions make these automotive maintenance mistakes without even knowing that they’re doing it, and they can be harmful to a vehicle.
At Buckeye Honda in Central Ohio, we have put together a list of a few common automotive maintenance mistakes that you should try to avoid to keep your vehicle in great shape!
- Neglecting your tires. Do you have your tires rotated regularly? Do you inspect them frequently for excessive wear and tear or punctures? These are important things to keep your tires in good shape, saving you money over time.
- Using the wrong gasoline. Your vehicle probably doesn’t require premium gasoline. Consult your owner’s manual, but you are likely just fine buying the lower octane when you fuel up.
- Letting your air filter be clogged. Air filters that are clogged with dirt and grime can be harmful to your engine, so be sure you change your air filter when it needs it.
- Keep your gas cap twisted tight. Have you ever had the Check Engine light come on, only to realize your gas cap is simply loose? A loose gas cap can set off your diagnostic system, so be sure you’re tightening it until it clicks after you gas up!
- Park in the shade. The sun’s rays can be harmful to your car’s coat of paint, so parking in the shade whenever possible is ideal. However, be sure you aren’t in the line of fire for tree sap and other such detritus. Consider a parking garage if one is available.
Keeping your vehicle in good condition can seem like a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be hard! If you keep these common errors in mind as you go about your car care, you’ll be in a great position to keep your vehicle running smoothly and looking like new for years to come!
Need more tips from an expert automotive staff? Just visit Buckeye Honda, in Lancaster, Ohio and talk things over with one of our qualified and professional service advisers. They can keep you on the right track and are experienced in all makes and models, not just Honda.