Your vehicle’s glove compartment is a wonderful place to keep items you may need throughout the day. However, in order to ensure you are prepared for even the worst situation, it is important to keep a few essential items in your glove box. Be sure to keep these items in mind the next time you are deciding what to store in your glove compartment.
- License and registration: It is crucial to have copies of important documents in your glove compartment in case of an emergency. Be sure to keep a copy of your driver’s license, proof of insurance and automotive registration in a plastic bag to keep them together.
- “ICE” information: It is also recommended to keep your ICE, or in case of emergency, information in your glove box as well. An ICE card should list any medications and allergies you have as well as a contact list should you be involved in an emergency.
- First–aid kit: A first-aid kit is a crucial item to store in your glove compartment. Make sure your first-aid kit has items such as a pain reliever, cotton balls, adhesive bandages and tissues. You can also place backup prescription medications in the first-aid kit as well.
- Tire pressure gauge: As a smaller item, a tire pressure gauge fits perfectly into the glove compartment. It is important to store one in your vehicle in order to prevent getting a flat tire at an inconvenient time.
- Flashlight: It is important to keep a flashlight in your glove compartment should you find yourself in a potentially hazardous situation. Most flashlights are available in smaller a size, which allows them to leave more room for other items in your glove compartment.
- Paper map: Despite the availability of GPS systems and navigation functionalities of smart phones, it is recommended to keep a paper map in your glove compartment. Doing so will help ensure your safety should you find yourself in a situation where your smart phone and/or GPS system is unavailable.
Instead of using your vehicle’s glove compartment as storage for items such as CDs or cosmetics, consider only using it for essential items to ensure you are properly prepared for emergencies.
For more information on how to prepare your vehicle for an emergency situation, contact Buckeye Honda.