It’s a new year and for many this means, time for new resolutions. The most popular resolutions are to eat better, become more fit, cook more at home and save money. So for today’s Foodie Friday we are going to show you how to stay true to eating better and cooking more at home with a Garlic Chicken and Broccoli meal that is fast and easy.
What You Need:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp dried thyme, or 2 tbsp fresh minced thyme, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 medium garlic clove(s), minced, or more to taste
- 2 cup(s) broccoli, florets
- 1 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cup(s) cooked brown rice, kept hot
What You Do:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken on a plate and season with thyme, salt and pepper. Add garlic to skillet and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned on all sides, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli to skillet, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- In a cup, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth; add to skillet. Simmer until mixture thickens, stirring constantly, about 1 minute; serve over rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and broccoli and 1/2 cup of rice per serving.