Who wants to party? With New Years Eve and Football Bowl Parties making their way quickly, we need to figure out what kind of stuff we are going to cook for our guests. Nobody wants to be a slave in the kitchen while everyone else is having a great time but we also want to make sure that our food is…. well… you know… Awesome. I give to you – Fried Cheese Sticks – with a little gourmet twist.
Now these are so easy that most kids can make them and they can be prepped ahead of time so all you have to do is fry them up during the party. One suggestion if you don’t want your house smelling of deep fried food during the party is to fry them in a pan placed on your grill outside. Don’t say it is too cold to use the grill, it is never to cold. I used an electric skillet to make these and they were great.
What You Need:
- 12 pieces of string cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Italian Seasoning
- Oil for deep frying
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping
What You Do:
- Place a piece of string cheese near the bottom corner of one egg roll wrapper (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use). Fold bottom corner over cheese. Roll up halfway; fold sides toward center over cheese. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and cheese.
- If using pepperoni and/or Italian seasoning place this on wrapper behind cheese and wrap it up in the wrapper. (see pictures)
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil to 350°.
- Fry sticks, a few at a time, for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce.
- Yield: 1 dozen