There are a lot of parties going on this time of year, from sporting event parties to holiday parties or even a late season bonfire. No matter what the theme or what the occasion is,there is one consistent question that always gets asked… “What are we going to eat?” A typical answer around here is “I don’t know, but I want something different” Well next time you get to this point in the conversation give this recipe a thought.
WARNING THIS RECIPE IS AWESOME AND SLIGHTLY ADDICTIVE – You have been warned!
What You Need:
- 1 pound of Li’l Smokies for ever 8 people you plan to share with. You don’t have to share with everyone but that wouldn’t make for a very nice party would it?!
- 1 pound of center cut bacon for every pound of Li’l Smokies – You might have a little extra but what’s wrong with a little extra bacon?
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon or brown mustard
- Pinch of Cayenne or Chipotle pepper to add a little heat
What You Do:
- Cut the bacon into thirds
- Wrap bacon around Li’l Smokies
- Mix remaining ingredients really well to make glaze
- Place bacon wrapped smokies into a foil lined pan
- Pour glaze over smokies
- Place pan into a preheated 350 degree oven – (we are using a grill because we don’t have an oven!)
- Cook for about 20 minutes and then turn the heat up to 450 degrees to allow the bacon to crisp up slightly
- Remove when slightly brown on top
We hope you enjoy eating these as much as we do! If you have a recipe that you would like to share with Buckeye FanClub please share with us on Facebook or send us a tweet on Twitter or leave a note in the comment section.