Fit Foodie Friday is when we bring you a healthy or healthier recipe to try. This week we are going seafood with some grilled shrimp. If you recall a few weeks back we highlighted Bill Selby in our Team Member post. One of Bill’s favorite things to eat is seafood so we wanted to do it up right.
BRING ON THE SHRIMP
What you need:
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 limes – juiced
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic – chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 pounds of shrimp that has been peeled and deveined
What You Do:
- Mix All of the ingredients together except the shrimp –
- Add shrimp to your marinade and let it soak for at least 30 – 60 minutes
- Light the grill to high, clean the grates and oil down with some of the canola oil
- Grill Shrimp until done depending on the size this should only take a couple of minutes per side.
- Enjoy and tell everyone that you read the recipe here!
Next you can pair this with a fresh salad or light slaw. I like personally like to serve it alongside some sauteed spinach and garlic or pasta (might not be as healthy!)
I was asked recently where I cook all of this food and my answer is Buckeye Honda. We have a little kitchenette, no stove or oven just a fridge some tools and a sink. Pair that with my grill on the patio and a few other mobile cooking devices and this is what you get! I think we do a pretty good job figuring we aren’t working out of a full kitchen. If you find y