In 1974 we saw the resignation of a President, The Oakland Athletics win the World Series and Easy -Bake Oven from Betty Crocker. The 1974 Honda Civic was first on the fuel mileage charts and was quickly becoming the king when it came to reliable and inexpensive transportation. Although the oil embargo that started in 1973 ended in 1974 fuel economy was still on the top of peoples minds and rightfully so.
People really started to fall in love with not only the economy of the Honda but also the performance. The 1974 Civic hatchback had faster acceleration than almost every other vehicle in its class and had a top-speed of 88 mph so driving on the freeway wasn’t a problem either.
Here are some other interesting events of 1974!
- Evel Knievel Tries To Jump Snake River Canyon
- President Nixon Resigns
- President Ford Pardons Richard Nixon
- Henry Aaron Hits Homer 715 All Time Record!
- The Miami Dolphins defeat the Minnesota Vikings 24-7 in Super Bowl VIII. With Quarterback Bob Griese, who directed the three touchdown drives, Fullback Larry Csonka scored twice and gained a Super Bowl record 145 years…
- Burger King starts this very popular advertisement:
- Some Popular Television Shows on ABC were:
During a Giants-Redskins football game, CBS’s Brent Musberger introduces Jane Chastain – the first female sports reporter hired by a network. She joined Musberger and Pat Summerall and gave scores of other games