Fall is party season for me. I like to have parties around sporting events, tailgating parties at the game, bonfires in the backyard or just having a few close friends over to end the weekend.
The best part of having a party is pulling in an eclectic mix of foods that all compliment each other while providing something for everyone. Main courses are typically easy to come up with but the side dishes are where people struggle. If you find yourself struggling for an easy side dish, give this dip a try. Even if you are a side dish ninja master feel free to give it a whirl!
Now I have to warn you this dip is way too easy so don’t let anyone watch you make it. If they see you make it then you might not get the credit you deserve for bringing something with so much awesomeness!
What You Need:
- 3 lbs of sour cream – This is also equal to 3 cups of sour cream but they sell it by weight.
- 2 envelopes of ranch dressing mix
- 1 Can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – found in the latin or mexican food section. You will not use the entire can.
What You Do:
- Finely chop up 3 chipotle peppers. This should yield about 4 teaspoons. If you like stuff hot then add in some more… but be careful!
- Now scoop 2 teaspoons of adobo sauce out of the can and put it into a bowl.
- Mix together the sour cream, chopped peppers, adobo sauce and ranch dressing with a wire whisk or spoon.
- Cover the dip and chill it for at least 30 minutes, this allows the flavors to really meld together.
- Serve it with tortilla chips, potato chips, raw veggies, or pita chips.
This dip is full of flavor, inexpensive and quick to make… sounds like a winner to me!
I hope you get a chance to try this smokey dip and let us know what you think of it!