Oh wait there is always one person in the room that would prefer to have something other than melty chocolate and marshmallow awesomeness with a graham cracker accompaniment… We call those people — Weird!
OK so maybe I have taken the point a little too far, but you will never convince me of that. S’mores are fantastic and everyone should eat them! Now what if we were having a dinner party on the patio one fall evening and we didn’t really want to get the sticks out and maybe the guests were dressed a little too nice to sit around a big fire. (Doesn’t sound like my kind of party but I hear these kind of things take place.) You can still have s’mores, keep the ash to a minimum and impress the heck out of those guests of yours.
BRING ON THE MARSHMALLOW AND CHOCOLATE AWESOMENESS!!!
What You Need:
- Individual Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts. – Yes they make these and sell them in the store.
- Hershey Milk Chocolate Morsels. I like dark chocolate as much as anyone but s’mores are made with Hershey’s Milk Chocolate and that is that! You could use bars but I didn’t.
- Marshmallows – Jumbo If you can find the jumbo ones use those but if you can’t do not fear the “regular” sized ones will be just fine.
- Match or Lighter
What You Do:
- Preheat Grill to Medium High and set-up for indirect heat
- Put some chocolate in the bottom of the pie crust
- Put marshmallow on top of chocolate
- Put some chocolate morsels around the marshmallow
- Put the pie crusts (still inside the foil) onto the grill on the grate where there is no flame or hot coals and close the lid
- When you start to see the chocolate melt and the marshmallows getting gooey you will start smiling and get a little giddy… calm yourself you have guests.
- They are done when the marshmallow is nice and brown.
- If you are like me you like your marshmallows to BURN WITH THE FIRE OF A THOUSAND SUNS… OK maybe not that hot but you like to set the marshmallow on fire. This is where the match or lighter comes in. Light the marshmallow and let it burn and then blow it out.
- Eat It and enjoy, it’s OK to get a little giddy at this point!