There might be a time in the future when you will need to find the serial number for your audio or navigation device. Here is a quick reference guide on how to make that happen!
If you cannot find the anti-theft ID, you can follow these next steps to get the radio’s serial number:
- Turn the ignition switch to ON.
- Turn ON the device and confirm that the display reads CODE. If you do not see this message, pull the backup fuse for 1 minute, and then go back to step 1.
- Turn OFF the device.
- Press and hold the 1 and 6 radio preset buttons, and turn ON the device.
- The display toggles between two screens: U with the first 4 digits of the serial number (U2200 for example,)
- And L with the last 4 digits of the serial number (L0055 for example.)
- Ignore the U and L and record all 8 digits
To get the navigation system’s serial number if you can’t locate the anti-theft ID card, you can look for it on the control unit (it cannot be obtained electronically). This is where the removable DVD is stored. For information on where to locate your navigation system control unit, refer to the Navigation System manual supplied with your vehicle (“Changing the DVD”) or consult with Buckeye Honda. If the label is not viewable once the control unit is located, contact Buckeye Honda for assistance.