OK let me set the scene for you… You have a party to go to, it doesn’t matter what kind of party maybe your kids end of (insert sport or activity) season party, or friends coming over or family reunion or (insert sports) watching party… hint The United States Mens National Soccer Team plays for Gold in the GOld Cup this weekend (July 28th). Anyway you have a party to go to and you don’t have the time, or energy to make a big dish to take with you. Enter Recipe!
This recipe is so easy you can knock it out in no time flat! Run to the store and pick up all of the ingredients ($20-$25) put it all together, throw it in the oven, jump into the shower and when you get out it is DONE!
What you need:
- 2 cups shredded Rotisserie chicken – Buy this at the grocery store near the deli section, already cooked.
- 1 (8oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup bbq sauce – the kind and flavor that you use will change the outcome of your sauce. I tend to go with a spicier sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Tortilla chips or crackers or both!
What to do:
- Run by the grocery store and pick up the ingredients.
- Once you get home put the chicken on the counter and remove the lid and let it sit while you put away any other groceries and grab a cold beverage. (Be responsible if you are driving soon.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Using your hands shred the rotisserie chicken remove the skin and any hard parts
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except for 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Pour your mixture into a foil, stone or glass pan. You may want to lightly grease the pan.
- Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Throw it in the oven and let it bake for about 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly
- Serve with chips or crackers and enjoy your evening.
ALTERNATIVE: You can add some hot sauce along with the BBQ sauce to bring up the heat a bit or ad a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. I prefer the cayenne over the hot sauce but to each their own.