Welcome to Foodie Friday! The First Friday of every month we turn Foodie Friday into Fit Food Friday and present a healthy idea or alternative. Today we present a Garlic Dip that is sure to please. It is full of flavor and not full of fat or calories. Serve it with fresh vegetables like carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots for optimum benefit or choose a baked chip like a pita chip.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (also called neufchatel cheese)
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Step 2: Pour mixture into serving bowl, cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill and allow flavors to set.