For Technology Tuesday we are finishing up our series on how to use the Honda Bluetooth and HandsFree Link.
One of the best features of the Bluetooth system is the ability to be able to play music from your device through the vehicles speakers without the use of any wires or cables. You can play music from your audio library stored on your phone or use a streaming Internet-based music service like Pandora, Slacker, or Spotify.
For those not up to speed. Bluetooth is a feature that is available on most cell phones and all smart phones. This feature allows the device the ability to connect your phone to other digital devices such as your Honda. The first step in using the Bluetooth feature is to have it paired or “connected” to your vehicle. For more information about how to do this see our instructions w/video here.
Now that you have your device connected to your vehicle it’s time to “Crank Up The Tunes”
How to stream music to HondaLink via Bluetooth
- First, make sure that your phone is connected to your vehicle via Bluetooth.
- Tap the “Source” option on your HondaLink touchscreen.
- Select the “Bluetooth” icon.
- Now, open the music application on your iPhone or Android device.
- Make sure that your phone is set to play through your vehicle’s HondaLink system.
- Next, select a playlist or a song on your phone.
- You should now hear the song you selected playing wirelessly through your vehicle’s audio system.
- You can now control your music through your mobile device while it plays back through your vehicle.
A couple of things that need to be considered:
- For your safety, remember to never operate any of these functions while the vehicle is in motion.
- Using an Internet Streaming service does use data from your data plan with your cellular provider. Many people do not get close to using all of their data but you might want to keep an eye on your usage.
- Using your mobile device in this way will use battery life so plan accordingly or use your vehicle to charge your device using a charging cable
- If you have any questions or just cannot get it to work – come in and see us! We would love to show you how this works.